Dear Friends and Advisors of Cofolio,
October has been a crazy month, and I’m excited to share with you the progress that Cofolio has made. Below are some of the highlights, but feel free to contact any member of the team for more information.
New member of the Advisory Board: Mr. Jerald Reichstein, President of Bouncing Pixel.
Jerald brings a depth of experience in entrepreneurship, technology, & design as well as sitting on the board of Westbound Bank and the Technology Incubator of West Houston. He joins Marc Nathan and Jerry Lasco on Cofolio’s advisory board. A full list and description of advisors will be added to the website shortly.
3DayStartup (3DS): Pre-Seed Accelerator Program at University of Texas
Cofolio was selected as one of the top 4 companies at this year’s 3DS event, held at the Austin Technology Incubator. It was a great opportunity to refine our pitch, validate our business model, identify specific areas to focus on, and meet with other students and professionals who are passionate about entrepreneurship.
Initial Meeting with Houston Office of SCORE, a Resource Partner of the SBA
We initiated the process of exploring a potential partnership with the Houston area SCORE office. Our first action item is creating an unbiased informational website and marketing brochure for SCORE client companies comparing the various options of crowd-funding, including Cofolio.
Invitation to Present at Rice Venture Forum
Cofolio was selected to present a 90 second elevator pitch to the Rice Alliance I.T. & Web Venture Forum to be held on December 9, 2010. Read more about the event here: http://bit.ly/bxT6d3
New Cofolio Test Case: Kings Kurry (Switzerland)
Kings Kurry is the most recent company to join Cofolio’s beta testing phase. The company is seeking to raise CHF 3MM in an effort to expand its franchise locations throughout Switzerland and central Europe. King’s Kurry joins Yellow Fellows and Bento Buddy as our three current test cases. Find out more: http://mycofolio.com/kingskurry/
Strategic IT & Marketing Partnership with GrowVC
Valto Loikkanen and Jouko Ahvenainen, co-founders of GrowVC.com, have agreed to joint development of a white label crowdfunding platform to be used by both parties.
In the works…
- New Cofolio video animation is being created through an outsourced third party. Results are coming along nicely, and we cannot wait to put it up on the website (although personally I feel the MS Paint version is still quite charming).
- Upcoming meetings with securities lawyers to discuss legal issues surrounding Cofolio’s business model
- Applications to Houston Technology Center, SXSW Accelerator, and Rice Business Plan Competition
How can you help?
We would greatly appreciate introductions to any of the following:
- Small business owners who might be interested in expansion capital. Cofolio’s platform is currently 100% free for all beta clients (for a limited time only!)
- institutional or private investor groups with a focus on small businesses: e.g. Accion Texas-Louisiana, Opportunity Fund, Pacific Community Ventures, etc
- Securities lawyers specializing in raising capital for small businesses through debt or equity offerings (Regulation D)
- Opportunities to pitch Cofolio in any organized setting
- Local community banks or credit unions that might be interested in a strategic partnership with Cofolio
- Any other local-business focused groups that we might be able to align with
So in case you were wondering, that’s what we’ve been up to during the past month. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you for your continued support of our mission, and we are excited about what we have in store for the future.